When I began my healing journey, I resolved to throw everything that I thought I knew about how to be effective, productivity, how to live my life, and so on out the window and start from scratch. Around the same time I started to become fascinated with how much of an impact smaller actions have on our overall life fulfillment and joy. Something as simple as taking 5 minutes to breathe each day seems like it’s too easy to work to help lower blood pressure, and give me more clarity throughout the day, but yet – it does.
Despite the fact that science supported a lot of these hacks, I was still resistant. There’s no way that me closing down all the tabs on my computer was going to make me more effective. But, just to prove that I was right. I did the experiment. And I was proven wrong, so I tried other things. Turning off my notifications, cold plunges – and bit by bit I started to see my life improve in the strangest ways.
- I had more energy.
- The 2pm crash wasn’t always a given
- My stress levels went down
- I was working less
Much to my shock, I had found a shortcut to feeling better. I always said I wish there was a quick fix to some of my problems, and though the things you’ll learn in this episode aren’t magic, they will certainly feel like it. Tanessa Shears is the queen of hacking your way to success in your life – whether you want to have more energy to run a business, pursue your hobbies, or just love your life more, she has some suggestions for you.
Here are some of the topics we covered.
- How having a shared life mission strengthens relationships, and carries them through tough times
- The benefits of cold plunging, how long you need to do it, and how to amp up your morning coffee without more caffeine!
- How closing tabs on your computer, clearing off your desktop and maintaining good technological hygiene is critical to maintaining productivity
- Does the world really end if you turn off all your notifications and make yourself hard to reach? (Surprise response inside!)
- The bane of my existence – the universal truth that small steps and consistent effort work faster and better than giant sweeping changes
- And our grand finale – if you find yourself constantly feeling like a failure, it’s ok to adjust your expectations, they’re probably insanely unrealistically high anyway, so lets talk about that elephant in the room.
Don’t miss out – this week’s episode is gonna change your life. AND, when you’re done – and ready to connect with Tanessa, her information is below!
Tanessa Shears is a Kinesiologist, Certified Sleep Science Coach, and health consultant who helps entrepreneurs double their energy and focus so they can make more money in their business with her 12 Becoming Limitless Protocols. She works closely with business owners to eliminate brain fog and wake up well rested so they can get more done in less time, maintain consistent, stable energy throughout the day and feel better than they have in years. Tanessa is also the host of The Becoming Limitless Podcast, sharing her expertise on optimizing health and focus for business success.
Connect with Tanessa
- Follow her on Instagram
- Sign up for Tanessa’s Incredible Newsletter
- Check out the Becoming Limitless Podcast
- Check out Tanessa’s website